Sunday, April 23, 2017

Charcoal BBQ

I loved to bbq!  When the library in Compass One was reopened recently, I borrowed a book on Japanese Grill.  I learned a few things from the book and is inspired to bbq more often.

Dinner was chargrilled pork belly, asparagus, organic cob of corn and duck and chicken gizzards.  The gizzards turned out tough as it cannot be cooked long enough.  I should have boiled them before bbqing.  Asparagus and cob of corn looked nice and appetizing with charred bits.  They tasted good too.  Pork belly is quite good too.  Overall, the dinner was pretty good.  It took all day to prepare. I have to slice the pork and seasoned it.  To slice the pork thinly, it must be frozen first.  Luckily for me, I have a Japanese fridge that come with "versa room".  Versa room is a compartment where food is frozen at about zero degree.  So the pork belly is not so hard that it is like trying to cut through stone.

No comments: