Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Peking Duck Deal in Crystal Jade Taka

I want to check out if Kino expanded section has been opened in Takashimaya.  So I went there and unfortunately, it will only be opened tomorrow.  The bookshelves are better stocked with selection broadened.  So it is more interesting to browse.  I like it when there are lots of books especially new books.  Library gives a different feel.  I was very happy when I first visited Barnes and Noble as well as Borders in US.  The selection was simply amazing.  In Canada, there were only small stores chains.  Then Chapter opens with superstore and have Starbucks in the store with a fireplace.  It was very nice to spend time there.  Then Amazon killed all 3 of the bookstores and now I have no place to visit in US or Canada.  We are lucky Kino is still doing well and expanding.  I loved the bookstore and browsing there is an adventure.  Now with all the shelves reshuffled, it is quite interesting to explore again. 

Exploring bookstore makes me hungry.  So since Tampopo has no deal, we hopped opposite to Crystal Jade.  I was thinking of dim sum but the Peking Duck deal was pretty good at $39.90 per bird.  Add 2 water and two towels plus plus i.e. plus 10 plus 7, total comes to close to $50.  It is nice to enjoy premium food.  I am glad I can enjoy spending my hard earned money.

No comments: