Thursday, January 19, 2017

Physical Work

This afternoon, I spent a couple of hours digging up a small drain in my backyard.   Water ponding during downpour is usual and I am working on getting the water drain into a drain hole that was built when I first moved in. 


I am always reluctant to work on the house to keep it in tiptop condition.  I have this idea to improve the drainage for a couple of years now.  I even have a pipe which I left is the backyard.  Finally, today I dug out the drain and cut a slot on the side of the drain hole.  However, the slot is still high as there is a subsoil pipe buried there.  Still I think my solution is better than before.


I feel so much more accomplished when the work is done.  I still need to figure out how to make it work consistently.  I noticed over time the soil level will increase as rainwater bring silt cause the ground to rise slowly.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

It is a good form of exercise for you BL :)

BookLover said...

Yes, it is also back breaking.