Monday, August 29, 2016

Water Pipe Installation

I have bought the solar water heater and it is on its way.  I have the water pipe installed and once my solar water heater is in, I will be able to enjoy free heating for my hot water.  The only problem is installation and heater cost about $4,000.  I save only $2,500 if I were to go commercial.  So it also mean I can sell the system for $6,000 and still make a profit.  If it is working well, I will bring in more systems to sell.

The return for installing a solar water system according to the brochure is 3 to 4 years.  It mean I can save about $200 per month on electricity bill.  But the brochure are overselling.  My monthly electric bill is about $250 to $300.  I have 3 airconds on every night.  So I doubt the returns stated in the sales brochure.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

With the price of oil down to below USD 50 a barrel, we in S'pore is still paying high rate for our PUB bills. There isn't much savings at all. Petrol prices about the same when oil was at USD 100 per barrel.

BookLover said...

The tax has increased for petrol. Uniquely Singapore! Price goes up and never comes down!!