Sunday, August 28, 2016

Smoking Roast Pork

On Friday, I bought pork belly and seasoned it with salt and sugar.  This afternoon, I smoke it using the bbq stove.  The meat is so and juicy.  It is also flavorful.  Only issue is not all the skin is crispy.  Some part of the skin is chewy.  I also roast two cobs of corn.  Once they are done, I peel away the husk and butter it.  I did not eat it but my wife and kids think it taste not bad.

It is nice to have a homecooked dinner.  Bbq is much easier to do especially if it is one big piece of meat.  Although cooking time is long, it is not so labor intensive unlike Chinese cooking.  So it is good to enjoy home cooking once in a while.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Wow must be having a nice feast :)

BookLover said...

Indeed! Also have leftover for today's lunch:)