Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Pictures of 51 Grange Road

Someone in the group chat took recent pictures of our old school.  The school field is under construction.  The camera man also tell us the swimming pool is gone when another asks about it.  Many are lamenting the destruction of our memories.

I was in 51 Grange Road and it was 150 years anniversary when I was in Sec 1.  And that was in 1973.  In a few years it will be 200 years anniversary.  It was known as Singapore Institution before it present name.

I have been thinking.  Only after 40 years, someone decides to get a group together.  We are all at tailend of our careers, kids have grown and no longer do we need to be on our toes for our careers.  So it is time to gather together and reminisce over our school time.  I am glad my classmate included me.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Same thing happened to us too. After almost 50 years, my classmates and I got together and ever since we will try and meet at least once a month.

BookLover said...

Interesting. Most of my classmates are in touch with each other anyway as many of them went to medical school. I did not, so was left out.