Sunday, June 19, 2016

Say Seng Pork and Mixed Soup

B3 has lecture in Bugis.  It is at 2pm.  Say Seng only opens at 2:30pm.  So we lunch at Queen Street Hawker center.  I decided to eat Lor Mee as Say Seng is not open yet.  B1 joins us from Kent Ridge.  He will arrives past 2:30pm.  So after my lunch, I decided to queue at Say Seng for his lunch.  Although the sign says 2:30pm, the stall actually starts selling at 3pm.  So I was standing for more than half hour.  Luckily, B1 joins me to keep me company.  Time passes well.  I was queuing up for his lunch anyway.  B1 like to try popular joints especially those with long queues to understand the popularity. 

Say Seng now no longer sells the jellied pork.  Only braised pork belly and the mix organs soup.  The soup is only so-so.  But the pork is very good.  I felt very thirsty after eating.  So the MSG content is high.  The jellied pork is only available in Jalan Bersih according to the customer behind me. 

After late lunch, we went to Robinson to support mummy's shopping.  I was tired of waiting and went to Kino to browse the books.  It is nice to see all the new books.

No comments: