Saturday, October 31, 2015

Curiosity Costs $30

LaSalle School of Arts is interesting for me.  The students are doing different things from the schools I went to and the schools everyone in Singapore go through.  School is just textbooks, homework, assignments, tests and examinations in a proper and maddening dull consistent sequence. 

So when I walked past a group of students shooting video, I got curious and stick around to observe them.  I like the advanced video camera they using.  They had some troublesome firing up the camera.  I got curious to see how they solve this issue.  The camera girl called for help and went off to look for the person.  The "actress", another student came down and reset the camera.  Then it works!  Simple solution!

Satisfied, I looked at my car and saw a white slip of paper stuck to the windscreen.  A parking ticket for $30.  I looked at the time stamp.  8:58am.  I look at my cellphone.  9:00am.  In the few minutes I was engrossed with the kids, I have to pay $30.

No comments: