Sunday, October 04, 2015

Chinatown

It is a nice Sunday morning.  Haze is still pretty bad but seems to be clearing.  We go to Chinatown for some errands and as usual I do my food hunting.  In People's Park hawker center, there is a new stall called the Penang Kitchen.  I tried the loh mee or rather loh beehoon.  It is not bad although I like the Penang Loh mee in Bishan better.  Unfortunately, the auntie decided to close her stall when her stall quit.  Her son is still selling the Penang Loh mee in AMK Central but I do not patronise his stall as he is very offensive.  The stall used to have a long queue.  Nowaday, it is quite fast as the popularity has dropped probably due his attitude.  I rather eat something else than to see his face.

The two popular yong tau foo stalls are still the anchor tenants.  Now I remember, the Penang Kitchen took over the stall that used to sell Cantonese Loh which is braised food in orangey color stew unless the Teochew braise which uses black sauce.

The temple for the Buddha's Tooth has chanting.  I pray for well being. 

No comments: