Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Interesting Times

Election times is interesting times.  Plenty of articles on the internet make better reading than good novels or any bestsellers.  The joys of competing on ideas and hearts of the electorate makes my evening of surfing the net so much fun.  Straits Times in so staid, so serious, so pro... that put me to tears of boredom.  I still like the advertisements so that I can look for deals!!

Every election is a "watershed" election.  I heard it so often and I don't what it mean.  Nothing changes other than price increases, higher sin taxes, more investment in traffic cameras for the safety of motorists, blah blah blah.  The consistent hint that election is close is when we get "goodies" like CPF top-ups, maid's levies reduction and this year even better - price of MRT and bus fares dropping.  First time in history indeed and in deed!

The adenaline high will be over once election is over.  Like a drug addict, if every election is like this then I do not mind election every year.  We get free excitement in our city-state.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Me too cos I can feel the adrenaline is pumping.

BookLover said...

Haha! Good one:))