Monday, August 10, 2015

Facing the Blank Page

I took the easy way out in the last few days by posting pictures and videos I captured on the PCN.  Now I understand the writer's block.  I promised to myself to write everyday so that I can improve my writing.  I thought writing a diary is easy.  All I have to do is to write my activities for the day.  Well it is so routine and boring.  It is hard to write as it is repetitive as well.

I do not want to write about controversial subjects or politics which I have no interest in.  I love science but not so much to write about it.  I enjoys reading and do blog about sales discount and books I read.  But my summary is short as I am not very detailed and always distill it to the essence.  I enjoys management as a skill and subject but it is not something I write about.  So what to write when facing the blank page.

I read about it in books on writing.  For the last few years I experienced it many times.  It is easy when I am in China as blogger is blocked there, so I need not write.  Now that I do not go China often, no more excuse.

So onwards and forward!  Keep writing.  I am actually amazed when I looked back, I have written a lot.  The quality is not good since the traffic is low.  Rather, nobody is interested in what I write.  My friend, Boh Tong is different.  His blog is very interesting.  So the traffic is high.  Now that Adsense change its way of calculating i.e. no more cumulative or ytd earnings, I have not earn enough to cut a cheque yet since my last cheque from Google.

3 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

I find your blog interesting and visit it almost everyday BL. Btw what has happened to Sze Li huh?

BookLover said...

Yes, thanks to you and with your help I became a blogger. Sze Li is a teacher. I googled her some time back. She teaches Design and Technology I think.