Monday, June 01, 2015

Osaka Holiday

We took the red-eye to Nagoya.  It was very tough on the sleep pattern.  From Nagoya, we head straight to Osaka.  We can only check-in after 2pm although we arrived about half past 12.  So we went for lunch.  After lunch, we kill time at the shops.  We check-in at about 2:30pm.  Once we check-in, we fall asleep.  My boys were good.  They woke up to do the tourist stuff.  I slept right through and woke up at 11pm.  I read the papers I took from the aircraft.  At 2am Japan time, I went back to sleep and woke up this morning at 8am.  It is almost 15 hours of sleep in one day and night.  The bed is soft and uncomfortable.  I have backache all day long today.  The location of the hotel is very good as we are right at Osaka train station.  Plenty of tourists from Singapore and Malaysia in the same hotel.

It is great to bring the family to the place I usually go for work although I no longer covers Osaka.  I am glad see Daimaru, the Belgian wafer stall at the train station.  My family covers more ground than me as I only walked around the hotels I stayed in.  Some places brought back memories as I stayed in different hotels and had been there before.

My boys have a great time eating the whole street!  We keeping trying out different street food.  It is fun for them   We also buy sushi at discount just at closing time in Takashimaya.  They are happy to get good value.

No comments: