Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Bicycle Maintenance

I am glad that we have a bike rental shop in Sengkang Community cum Sport Center.  My bike is squeaking loudly and I thought the brake pads have worn out.  But it is just dirty.  Matt just take out the brake pads and spray with degreaser and light it up.  Then he rub it on the floor brick and clean it up.  Fix it back in and the brake is like new.  I also replace the handle grip which he notice is worn out.  The grip cost $30 and cleaning cost $5.  Then I also request he check out the chain which has a "sandy" feel as if there are sand on it and feel gritty as I pedal.  He just spray the chain with the degreaser and it works!  With a new phone holder and a touch holder, I feel my bike is like new.   Works well.  I am happy with a well maintained bike.

No comments: