Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Arowana

My arowana is a big eater.  I am giving it a lot of pistol shrimps.  It can moved very fast to catch the shrimps.  I fed it with swimming crab once and it need a few bites whereas the pistol shrimps are gone in a single bite!  Arowana is quite excited when there is live food.  It will try to jump out.  Luckily, I have a wire mesh to prevent it from jumping out.  This arowana is with me for many years now.  I am happy that finally I am successful in keeping one alive for so long. 

When I was inexperience, they all jump out and died.  It is the wire mesh from $2 dollar store that works!  I put two together to get to the right size to cover.  Another two as a separator to prevent it from going out into the main tank as the main tank is impossible to cover since I have a water fountain.  At first, I had to keep replenishing my goldfishes and mollies as the mesh size is big and the fishes go through and never seen again.  $2 store come to the rescue again.  I bought the washing bag and use it to cover the separator and the mesh is now so small that the mollies and goldfishes cannot pass through and be live seafood.

It is relaxing to have an aquarium and watch the goldfishes swimming about.

No comments: