Saturday, February 07, 2015

Woodland Terrace aka Food Wholesale

This morning my wife and I went to Woodlands to buy food for CNY meal tomorrow.  We have to do lunch instead of dinner as I have to prepare for my flight to Shanghai.  I have to get ready as I will be giving training.  It is going to be interesting as my mandarin is half past six. 

We reached the food distributors about 9:30am and the place was jammed with cars parked on both sides of the road.  There are plenty of tour buses unloading people and the tour bus keep coming.  Many companies have sampling program.  The cash registers keep ringing.  Just for goodies, I bought more than $100 worth and it is hardly anything.  3 tiny bars of kueh lapis for $30, 2 bamboo charcoal honeycomb for $20, loveletters for $10/bottle and a couple more unhealthy snacks.  My wife bought tiramisu and smoked duck breast.  It was very festive.  Everyone is patient.  No vehicle honk at anyone. 

Its so much fun that I planned to go again next weekend. 

No comments: