Sunday, February 15, 2015

Last Sunday before CNY

It is the last weekend of the year, the lunar year that is.  I will go to Woodlands to get supplies for the new year.  My sisters will be coming on day 2.  It is good that we can prepare the food and also they are contributing one dish each.  I may do my "famous" soup.  My mother rave about this soup the first time she tasted it.  It was distill from pork bones over 3 hours of high heat.  We used our cast iron pot, The Staub to cook the soup.  The Staub is a 33cm oval pot.  It is the largest pot in the retail range.  It is good for family feasting.

With the bone soup, I will add abalone, scallops, prawns, chicken thighs, mushroom and other new year goodies i.e. fungus, fa cai(hair fungus), dried oysters, etc.  It takes 3 days of cooking to get the soup right.  I enjoys the process of patient cooking and then when everyone loves the soup, the pleasure is peak.

No comments: