Sunday, January 11, 2015

Samsung Note 4 S Health

I had Note 4 since the launch and recently started to use the S Health or Samsung Health App.  It is pretty cool.  I can measure my heart rate and SpO2 level.  SpO2 is oxygen saturation level in the blood.  So far I have hovered between 95% and 98%.  It is easy to change the readings by controlling the breathing.  To get 98%, all I have to do is to hyperventilate while measuring.  However, I also suffered dizziness due to hyperoxia.  I always try to reduce my heart rate by breathing out slowly.  However, it is still quite high.  I always have elevated heart rate due to diet.  I love meats.  Although I exercise regularly, they are not vigorous enough to reduce my heart rate to normal.

I have set the pedometer on.  So now I know how many steps I take each day.  I also measure my cycling.  It is pretty interesting, with the measurement, I start to compete with myself and improve over previous records.  I used to cycle leisurely and enjoy my rides.  Now I am looking at the numbers.  I may switch back to enjoying my rides after getting tired of S Health.  But I am thinking of getting the gadget to measure my heart rate so that I have a continuous measurement while I am exercising.  This will give me my fitness profile.

It is also scary how accurate the location of the phone is.  Now all our movements can be pin down to the exact location.

No comments: