Thursday, January 15, 2015

Laid Off!

The company I worked for was bought by a bigger company January last year.  I was officially switched over in August/September last year.  The new company took a long time to integrate me in.  The HR Director was a very good HK lady.  She has the right philosophy in managing employees and making sure employees are treated right.  Yesterday, I got a call from her that she will be leaving in 4 weeks.  She has been laid off!!  It is the first time in her life.  I did not feel good about this.  How can a company lay off a Senior Director of HR when our HR department is severely understaff.

A Japanese colleague just resigned Monday.  So this week alone, I hear two departures.  The pressure in the company is intense.  The global economy is not helping and the leaders are under pressure to produce better numbers.  I am very sorry to get these notices.  So now I am feeling very good about the company.

No comments: