Sunday, November 02, 2014

Out of Shape

Although I cycle an hour everyday when I am not travelling, I could not jog!!  I have not been running for years due to menicus abrasion.  I run a lot during army and before getting married.  I was poor and stingy.  My shoes were not running shoes.  I always thought why spend money on "running" shoes when any shoes would do.  I run on the pavement beside the roads breathing in all the fumes and exhaust from cars and trucks.  I could run for a couple of hours and after my run, I would peel off my t-shirt and wring out the sweat.  It will pour out like it is just soaked in a pail of water.

This morning, for family exercise I decided to keep the Wife company.  After walking for long time, I try to jog a little.  I get breathless very quickly and in short distance of maybe 10 metres.  Yes, you read right!  The rest of the day, I felt the aches all over my body.  I thought I was too tired but boredom set and I decided to cycle out for a break.  Guess what?  It is so easy to cycle that I do one hour, no sweat!

I guess my body fit for cycling but totally out of shape for jogging.  I remember my knees would swell and it hurts for a week before I can walk properly again.  Next few days, I will know if my knees have recovered enough to jog again.

No comments: