Saturday, November 01, 2014

KFC or Korean Fried Chicken

We walked past this place every Saturday.  The picture is so appetizing and mouth watering.  It must have been there for some time but we hardly notice it as we tend to watch out for cars as we crossed the road to the hawker center.  I saw the picture last week and wanted to try but the shop is not ready yet.  I have completely forgotten about this and was again walking past picture to go to the hawker center.  I saw and remember that I wanted to try.  So I check it out.  The boss was not there but his staff is and told us that the boss is late but he can take the order and cook.  So we decided to try. 

The choice was between crispy or spicy.  We ordered crispy.  Then the helper came and told us that crispy is not available.  So we decided to try spicy.  The batter is good.  The chicken pieces are quite big.  But the price is high at $14 for 4 pieces.  The spicy is hot, too hot for our taste buds.  So I requested for 4 pieces to be pack.  The boss just gave me two paper bags and a PE carrier bag.  I understood what he meant.  It is terrible service.  B3 complained and told us not to come back.  Mummy scolded him.  "If you know that it is spicy you should have cancel the order.  Since you had it, then do not complain."  I was whispering to her to explain how we get the spicy chicken.  Then the boss came to explain to her that the bag of flour looked the same and they did not know they ran out of crispy.

I agree with high price and poor service, there is no need to return to patronize the food stalls.

No comments: