Thursday, October 16, 2014

Organising the Home

My wife is finicky about keeping our home neat.  I loved snacks and we have a snack corner well stocked with snacks on special or when I brought some home on oversea trips.  The snacks will be all put into the open corner.  Drives her crazy and she keeps complaining how unkempt our house looked.  I counter if the snacks are kept in a cupboard, they will not be eaten and go bad.  Finally, she found a compromise!  Muji has a open shelf that is right size.  So now all my snacks are stocked neatly in a Singaporean style "high-rise flat" instead of Canadian "suburban sprawl".  My larder looked so much neater.  I like mess.  It give me the ability enjoy my snacks at any time as one look sees all.  Now I have to more than 3 secs and focus on each level before deciding on which snack to munch on.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

I'm like your wife cos I like neatness.

BookLover said...

Your home is very neat indeed. I am lazy to keep neat;)