Monday, September 29, 2014

Bak Kut Teh

I did not eat in the aircraft.  So I am hungry by dinner time.  I was thinking of satay.  Then B1 wanted healthy meal with soup.  Then he suggested bak kut teh.  I had no pork for this week in Turkey.  Plenty of kebab but no meat.  So off we go.  To Tiong Bahru market bak kut teh shop.  The place was quiet empty at night.  I ordered a bunch of dishes.  The usual tau pok, stewed cabbage, bak kut teh, stewed pork leg, stewed large intestines, stewed small intestines and liver soup.  The food is pretty good and I enjoyed it a lot with my family.

The bill comes to almost $75.  This is $25 per head which explains why this place is not popular at night.  I think you get a decent zhi char for the same price and get a complete Chinese homestyle of 3 dishes and a soup dinner.

After one week of deprivation, it is nice to eat our local food.

No comments: