Thursday, August 28, 2014

Worker's Party Concert 2013

My brother sent me a video.  It was an Indian singing Hokkien song.  Looks a bit familiar especially the person on the background.  When the females started singing and camera was angled to them that I recognise Sylvia Lim.  Then Low Thia Kiang sang the last bit.  It was pretty good.  So I go to check it out on the internet and found out that it was a concert held in Jan 2013 by Worker's Party for funding raising.  I check further and found the Headquarters is now in Syed Alwi Road and there is a food establishment below.  So I guess their fundraising was successful as LTK was interviewed and he wanted to raise $1.5million to buy a two-storey shophouse and have the ground floor for rent and upper floor for their office.

I am pretty amazed that they have to work so hard with so little meanwhile the fat cats ruling us has no clue what hardship is like.  No wonder they are losing touch.

No comments: