Thursday, August 28, 2014

Cockles

Today in the market, the blood cockles are open and lively.  The female boss saw me looking at them.  Actually, I like to play with them by touching and watching them clammed up.  Since now I am an uncle, I had no choice.  It is only $3 per kilo and I decided to buy it.  I missed eating it.  I had it when I was a boy at my grandma's home.  My aunt would pour hot boiling water to the cockles and we will pry open the shells and dipped in homemade chillies.  I remembered it tasted heavenly.  I do it the same way for dinner.  After about 20, I felt I had enough especially with my wife besides me keeping harping on how dangerous and how could I eat it bloody and risk of hepatitis like a corrupted MP3 file.  Actually, my first 15 or so was fine as I ate alone. 

So we have the rest shelled and cooked.  She like it as it was plump and juicy.

No comments: