Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pursuit of Happiness

I found my last disc of Finding Your Element.  If according to Ken Robinson, if I am in my element even with the risks and uncertainty, I will be happier. 

What is my element?  I still have no idea what my passion is.  I enjoyed reading a lot but how to monetise reading?  Reading is on the expense side of according.  I love projects but have so many half done projects especially electronic projects that I know I am not going to be an inventor.  Teaching and coaching is in my element.  Somehow, I am unable to make money helping others to gain skills and competency.  I tried writing and keeping this blog updated at all time.  So far, the readership is low.  So it will take me 3 years or more to earn $100 from Adsense, the minimum for the check to be cut and sent. 

As I review my skills and capability, I wonder what could I be in order to be in my "element".  I loved to be happy.  In fact, happiness is my top priority.  I do the gratitude exercise, I live my life well and I enjoys working.  But it seems hard to reach the level of nirvana or flow or ecstasy which is my new goal as I read Ken Robinson.  Am I setting myself up for failure?

I know one thing for sure.  I will continue to write everyday and reading good books to improve my mind even if happiness eludes me.  Maybe my current routines should generate happiness for me.

No comments: