Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Capping of my Implant Root

This morning, I visit my dentist and I thought was a simple procedure.  I was surprised that I needed injection of local anesthesia.  My dentisl cut opens my gum and put a cap onto the two implants.  It was a lot more than what I thought it would be.  My cut has to be cut and the implant exposed.  Then the blood has to be suck up to keep the site as dry as possible.  Then the cap was screw on.  After that my gum is stitch up.  I had 3 stitches.

He also gave me strong pain killer for today and tomorrow.  I have to go and have my stitches taken out a week later.  One month later, I have the new crown made.  I guess I will need an impression done and then two crowns made in the lab.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ouch. That did not look like a simple procedure. I hope you were able to get a lot of painkillers for that, especially since it will take some time for the pain to subside without them. I do hope you got well soon after.

Bettye Primm @ Back Mountain Dental