Saturday, June 21, 2014

Yishun Chong Pang Market

The market has good deals.  Rainbow mangoes going for 50cents.  Lychees for $2/kg and Green Lychee is $4/kg.  Jackfruit is in season and cherries is nice but still pricey.  I like the vegetable stall.  They sell the veggies at a good price.  The spread of fruits is quite wide and I love to shop there.

I am going for holiday next week, so cannot buy too much.  Getting car park at the market is challenging.  I have to park opposite at the HDB blocks.  The minced meat noodle is excellent there.  So I would say this is a good place to come on the weekend. Usually, B3 has his tuition and we have to go downtown.  But he has switch his lessons to Fridays as he may need to go for his jumps training on Saturdays.

I used to live in Yishun when B1 was a toddler.  B2 was born there as well.  So, this place gives me good memories.  I missed the kampong opposite Chong Pang.  Today it is Sembawang Airbase.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

I didn't know the things are relatively cheap there. Must visit it. Thanks for sharing BL

BookLover said...

Indeed. The prices are still affordable for HDB heartlanders. People are also warmer if you need directions or help getting around.