Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pappa Mia at Changi Airport

Today, my wife suggested we go to Pappa Mia.  We tried this Malaysian-style resturant who is started by ex-Mandarin chef last week when B1 returned home from his Korean holiday.  The chicken was good and seafood fried rice according my The Wife is now the No. 1 Fried Rice better than the Prawn Fried Rice she loved in Din Tai Feng.  The food is good and bring me memories of being in Malaysia.  I ate by myself a number of times at this kind of upscale kopitiam style resturant.  With the KL team, I usually let them suggest where they like to try.  They know my favorite is the traditional kopitiam food.  But we do enjoy Tony Romas, Sunrise Roast Duck, Chilli's, Penang Resturant, Madam Kwan and many other nice resturants in KL.

Pappa Mia is like PappaRich, OldTown, Uncle Lim or Kluang Kopitiam in KL.  The menu has Fuchook, Curry Hor Fun, Mee Goreng(very authentic as my next table had this dish), satay(my perennial favorite), steamed and toasted kaya bread, chendol and other Malaysian hawker dishes.  I like the food and the ambient.  So this may become one of my regular haunt since I stopped going to KL nowadays.

No comments: