Friday, June 27, 2014

Last Day in Fukuoka

I had a good time in Tokyo Hands.  Tokyo Hands is hobby store.  I spent lot of time gawking at Aster Live Steam model train.  There are several models ranging from just below $2,000 to more than $17,000.  I remember that the train store in Singapore had a Aster Live Steam Train before.  That was more than 20 years ago. At that time the price was over $4,000.  Sometimes I regret not buying the train.  Yet, I do not really play much with the train set I bought.  I also have a live steam model.  It does work but it is usually in storage.  So maybe it is no point buying a toy that I hardly play.

Tokyo Hands is quite interesting.  There are lots of different creative hobbies.  Leathercraft, sewing, model making and giving me a lot of nostalgia is Tamiya kits.  I feel I travel back in time as the tools and spray paint paraphernials are still the same.  Also the section on science kits is the area I still spend time on.  This bring me memories of growing up. 

My boys love the Pokemon Center.  They keep going there.  I think it bring them memories of their childhood.  B1 is excited.  The child in him is back!!  They bought Pokemon cards and have forgotten mummy making them throw away all their old cards before.

So in some ways, Japan still retains a lot of things past.  We no longer have Pokemon and Tamiya.  Or at least they are not readily available. 

I enjoyed today very much.  I did spend a lot of time working as well.

No comments: