Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Vesak Day

It is Buddha's Enlightenment Day.  I was up early to wake to prepare for my work as it is not a public holiday in Hong Kong or US.  So it is about 1pm before we set off as a family to go to "4 Horses Road Temple" or the Kuan Yin Temple in Queens Street.  The temple is full of devotees.  We all went to pray and donate.  It is something we do and all 3 boys donated their own money today.  There is a blind singer/busker who sang very well and we drop dollars note to her as well. 

After prayers, we went to Bugis Junction Food court for lunch.  Even though it is about half past two, the place is jammed pack with diners.  It is nice to have all my 3 boys out as family for our activities.  Dinner is just maggie mee with black bean tofu.  After dinner, they watch Police Story 4.  It is too long and draggy for me.  There are too many flashbacks.  I cannot sustain my attention for such complicated movie, so I gave up and come to my home office to write my blog.

No comments: