Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Thinking about Death in a Stormy Afternoon

Thunder rumbling.  Rain shower come and go.  Here I am still at my computer wondering and thinking.  Reading Final Exams bring forth thoughts about death.  I do not know how to deal with death. 

I have an aging mother living 12,000 miles away.  I also wonder the possibility of sudden passing due to accident or even disappearing while in a flight to work.  Once we had heated discussions in the car(it is good to have serious discussions as it is a captive audience) about our boys taking care of me in future when I am old and senile.  "Just make sure I die of a comfortable death." is all I am asking them to do.  My boys have their own ideas how they want to run their lives.  I have no issue once they leave home.  However, they will need to abide by my rules when they are living at home.

Many a time I also wonder what am I going to do if and when my mother move on.  I am designated to take care of her matters as I lived in Canada before.  I dread and hope this moment will never come.  I enjoys calling her and make my boys call her regularly.  I have no idea what exact she want and how I can do being so far away.  It is a scary position to be in.  I hope the day will never come.

No comments: