Sunday, April 13, 2014

No More Red Lanterns

Come to think of it, Keong Siak Street was a famous red light district.  Today, there are no red lantern hanging out shops.  A few years ago, I do not remember exactly how many, I still see a pair of large red lanterns on one of the shop house.  That time I was visiting Whatever.Com, an Australia pschic place.  It offers good Australian coffee and books on Occult.  I usually go for flat white and I can browse and read the books before buying.  Unfortunately, the place closed down.  The owner was ex-wife of Christoper Tan(?, I am not sure the surname) but Christoper was a well known gyneacologist hired from oversea.

Now, Keong Siak street offers good wanton mee and there seems a couple of very popular food place there.  I saw the zhichar was very popular.  I also tried the bak kwa which was featured in Straits Times.  It is okay.  Taste is different.  I still prefer Lim Chee Guan.  There is also a boutique hotel.  I hope the place stays the same with all the old shops.

No comments: