Sunday, March 23, 2014

Swee Choon Dim Sum

B3's birthday today.  He went to support his friend who is singing in SOTA concert hall.  Ticket cost $15.  Since he finishes at 6:30pm, B1 suggested we eat out for dinner.  Then I read this:17-most-delicious-restaurants-under $15 tody.  Swee Choon Dim Sum is in this list.  I made a mistake before thinking I could lunch there with my wife.  It is open from 6 to 6.  I did not read carefully.  It is 6pm to 6am.  Since it is rare we eat out as a family and we always eat Skinny Pizza when we are in Plaza Singapore, we decided to try Swee Choon even though we have to queue and wait for a table.

B1 and B2 get down to get a number first.  I have to look for a carpark.  Little India is just full of Indians.  My wife is so stressed by them jaywalking and blatant disregard for vehicular traffic.  Having been to India, I can handle it.  I was more stressed by her constant reminders to watch out for this and that in a high pitch and stressed manner.

Anyway, back to Swee Choon.  The dim sum is pretty good is the verdict my picky and sensitive palate of The Wife.  My boys like most of the food too.  We ordered too much and have to put our leftovers in a doggy bag.  The bill came to $94.80.  Since there is no service charge, we gave the balance as tips.  The service is pretty good.  The environment is not good as we were seated in the backlane.

No comments: