Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Sweet Sec 4 Girl from St. Margaret

This morning I was at Bugis.  It is donation day for YMCA.  As I walk along the road, there is this tiny girl standing forlornly waiting for donation.  She did not ask me even when I approach.  I have to let her know I am going to donate.  I asked if she is in Sec One as she is very petite.  She smile and says she is in Sec 4.  I was surprised first by her size and then also by the fact she is Sec 4.  I know in Sec 4 you are basically exempted from CCA to prepare for "O" level.  She told me she has not reach her 100 hours yet.  So she has to do the donation drive.  I feel sorry for her standing alone in the sun.  She probably did not have any friends who need to complete the hours required.

She is very sweet as she answer my questions easily instead of looking scared or sulky.  I think this girl is well brought up and will do well in life.

No comments: