Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More Ambitious Solar Projects

Now, I am going to purchase 100 watts flexible panel.  It will generate 8amp peak and will require a controller.  I am thinking of what to do next.  A bigger battery and inverter so that I can use the power generated for home appliances.  The other way which is more expensive is to get 12V devices like light bulbs and fans.  Slowly I will be getting there.  Maybe solar water heater as well.  Solar water heater is a lot more ambitious as I will need plumbing contractor to run the water pipes.  Slowly I am getting "greener".  I still need to get my kids into conservation mode.  So far, all my maids are a lost cause when it come to saving water and power.  They are big waster of energy - during ironing and water while washing dishes and clothing.

No comments: