Saturday, February 08, 2014

Sony Sound Bar

The down firing sound system of our flat screen TV is quite noisy.  Whenever my boys watch tv they will turn up the volume as the sound lacks clarity.  This will become noise when it travel up to where I am.  So finally I decided to get a sound bar which will project the sound from the tv forward to the living room instead of downward and reflected upward to level 3.  We checked around for different brands.  Yamaha has a deal for a model usually price at $799 to $699.  Sony has a $449 system with wireless woofer and a $749 model extra slim model with wired woofer.  The $749 model sounds better than the $449 model.  The disadvantage is the sub-woofer needed to be connected by wire.  This is a severe limitation as we do not have anymore space in the TV console.  So we opt for the $449 model which sounds pretty good.  We asked for a better deal and the final price is $399.  So we close the deal feeling pretty good.

Now it is not so noisy when the tv is on.  I can hear the conversations or songs.  This is so much better.  I wished I got the sound bar earlier.

No comments: