Friday, February 07, 2014

Mei Ling Street Loh Mee

I went to Mei Ling Street hawker center for lunch today.  I tried the loh mee, the black gooey soup noodle.  The ingredients are mostly deep fried which I love.  There are deep fried pork chops in battered and in thin slices.  Fried fish fillets in batter as well.  Add deep fried meat ball and sliced fish cakes and voila!  It is wonderfully delicious bowl.  This is not for my Cantonese wife who sincerely believed in steamed fresh seafood or double boiled soup.

I like the loh mee.  The old lady is very good.  She knows that I am not from the area.  She is observant and knows all her customers well.  It seems like Mei Chin street hawker center is a place for regulars.  I also bought the loh ah aka braised duck.  No signboard braised duck is pretty famous.  Braised duck is for dinner.  Yummy!

No comments: