Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Packed like Sardines

It seems like the flow of people never stops.  There are simply too many people out and about at all time of the day.  I took the MTR and taxi to go about town.  It is so crowded that there are a lot of accidental body contact.  I have to pay attention when I walk.  Even then it is difficult to avoid people coming from all directions or stopped talking in small group.  I think there are more people than before.  The infrastructure is still working well.  Far better than Singapore.  Highly paid leadership does not seems to equate great competency or well oiled machinery.  Maybe it is the policies that are not working.  Hong Kong seems laissez faire and is in fact laissez faire.  It worked like a well-oiled machinery.  Every train is crowded but everyone gets on.  Unlike my boys who have to wait for sometimes 3 trains to get on during peak hours. 

The economy must be doing well.  Plenty of jewellery shops and plenty of customers.  It is a huge consumer society.  Lots of branded consumer's goods.  I wonder why people must be "high quality" leather bag to show off.  It is killing our Mother Earth.

No comments: