Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Yee Kee Char Siew and Roast Duck

This morning, we were wondering where to go for lunch.  At first, we thought we will go for Japanese since my boys are not hungry and I had thosai for breakfast.  We debated over Far East Plaza which both mummy and daddy like or Liang Court which B3 was clamouring for.  We were along CTE when mummy suggested to pick up B1's suit from Queensway.  I used the tailor when I made suits for work in 1980's.  Now it is my son's turn.  He has to made suit for his presentation in school.  So we decided to go for char siew instead at ABC Brickworks.  Since we past the Braddel exit, we have to go to Bukit Merah exit in CTE.  As we get out, I realised there is another famous char siew stall nearby beside the Fatty Cheong. 

I called my eldest sister as she is the one to recommend this place to me.  It is Yee Kee at Silat Road.  The char siew is quite good although I prefers Fatty Cheong.  The roast pork is nice and crunchy.  The roast duck tastes good but a little salty.  There is a Foochow fishball and lor mee which looked very good as well.  We tried the Foochow fishball - 5 for $3.  I must say I was not a fan of Foochow fishball because they did not taste good.  But this stall's Foochow fishballs are really good.  Real fishball with nice favorful mincemeat.  So I impressed.

The pricing of the individual plate of rice at $5 for duck rice seems a little steep.  I think Fatty Cheong is better value.  One roast duck is $38.  B1 feel that the roast duck is better in AMK Ave 4 which I am in agreement.

No comments: