Thursday, January 30, 2014

Scout Job Afternoon

Scouts have their job week.  They will be out and about to do jobs for money.  The monies are used to fund activities for the rest of the year.  My baby sister-in-law called her sister about her visit to my mother-in-law.  Once her sister heard this, she immediately dispatch her three boys and husband to clean up the toilets for her parents.  I was supportive.  It is good character building, I told her.  I sent the boys there and I cleaned up the kitchen.  Our boys did a good job of cleaning up.  My mother-in-law just sit outside keep telling her grandsons it is ok to be dirty, not necessary to be so clean over and over again.  I told to stop saying no and tell her grandsons what a good job they have done.  Instead she keep asking them to wear slippers as the chemicals are strong, or if they wanted gloves to protect their hands, etc, etc.  It is indeed difficult for her to praise her grandsons.  When they finished, grandpa make a joke "hey, no need to pay?" in Cantonese.  He does not know how to says a few words of appreciation to his grandsons even though his body language shows that he appreciated them doing the cleaning for them.

Luckily, their daughter keeping praising her boys when they are home.  What a good job!  You have done well, etc.  So our boys do feel appreciated.  Also they have a wonderful dinner totally cooked by mummy instead of the helper.  The food really tasted so different.  Okay, so good!

No comments: