Sunday, January 26, 2014

Nice and Cool Weather

Since I returned from New Zealand on Thursday night, the weather has been cool and breezy.  It is really nice.  Wished this is the weather all the time.  No rain, so my plants need a lot of watering.  It is quite a refreshing change with the cold air coming from China.  This is probably the coldest temperature on record.  Even Mount Kota Kinabalu has rumours of snow. 

Chinese New Year is this week.  It is so amazingly quick.  Only one month between Christmas and Spring Festival.  So quick that we have to rush to get the new notes, buy our supplies for the new year.  The new year goodies are very expensive.  So I buy only those from supermarket.  I did not purchase any from Bangawan Solo or Q Bread.  Their prices are too exorbitant for my taste.  I did spurged on abalone.  Even then, I save by buying dried kind.  I did not buy any canned abalone yet.  Many options now for abalone.  More brands and even frozen varieties offers better value although not as cheap as dried kind.

I also get my supplies from Wholesale Center in Queens Street.  This year I spent a lot less than previous years.  It is so good to save and still able to celebrate well. 

No comments: