Sunday, December 08, 2013

Toy Poodle

My nieces had dinner with us tonight.  They requested to bring their toy poodle over.  So I thought it was a battery operated stuff toy.    When they arrived, the toy poodle was running about very fast.  Seem like nowadays they made incredible toy until I realised it is a real dog.  What an ignorant uncle I am.  Toy poodle is just a breed of dog and not a toy.  This dog is very friendly and does not bark.  It is good with a few commands as long as there is a treat.  It can sit, shake hands, lie and kiss.  So it can be trained for more commands.  The poodle is also very docile and active.  The cost of the dog is high at $1,000 and then vet services, toys and grooming.  So it is an expensive hobby.  My nieces love it.  My boys are happy to know the dog as well. 

I love the dog but do not like the responsibilities as the cleaning to maintain the home is quite hefty.  It the two hours it is here, it peed 3 times and once it peed on the carpet.  It is quite a lot of work.

No comments: