Thursday, December 05, 2013

HDB Waived My Parking Fine

It was a busy Saturday morning.  Long queues going into the multi-storey carparks and Parkway Parade carparks.  So I parked at the HDB side.  It is red and white lot.  On the floor, in red bold letters "Reserved from 7pm to 7am for Seasoning Parking...".  So after I parked my car, I was reassured it is ok.  When I returned to collect my car after a fried kway teow lunch in hawker center followed by ice-cream in Parkway Parade, I was surprised to see a ticket on my windscreen.  I wondered.  Then I read the ticket - $50 fine for parking on a lot reserved for season parking only.  Then I looked up and saw the sign that says "Season Parking Only on Saturdays and Sundays". 

My immediate reaction was Jack Neo's movie  that talk about this where the protagonist was complaining how confusing it is with Red and White carpark lots.  Red is Season Parking only.  White is Regular Parking at $1 per hour.  Yellow is Regular Parking at $2 per hour.  I am in total agreement.  It is like a motorist trap for unsuspecting motorists like me.  In fact several cars are in the same situation as me. 

So I go to HDB Branch Office in Geylang, we were sent to a computer terminal to do the appeal.  Then it was drawn to me that I have made an unnecessary trip.  I should have logged into HDB  website to appeal.  Well, since I was already there, bo bian just use the terminal and write my appeal.

Today, a week later, I received an email from Principle Estate Officer that my carpark fine is waived!  Good news indeed!!!

1 comment:

Pay And Pay said...

I agree that car parking thing is so confusing.