Wednesday, November 06, 2013

The More You Know The More You have to Learn

This is something I discover when I read.  In business books, they usually have several ideas from other authors.  So there will be a recommended list at the end of the book.  Books on psychology, occult, how-to, motivation, investment, strategy, basically all non-fiction books have bibliography detailing all the sources.  I usually want to read and learn further.  Now I have so many books that I find that it is impossible to keep up with my reading.  The reading expands exponentially as reading one book will recommend a few others and each of them recommends another few more.

In short, the more I read, the more I have to read.  While it is good to know, I am beginning to realise Francis Bacon's "Knowledge is Power" does not hold true.  Harry Loryane, the memory and mind expert modify it to "Knowledge is Power when put to Use" is better.  However, I read and learning a lot but I am not rich.  Neither are the Professors of the world.  So knowledge is fun and enjoyable to learn but does not really pay well.

No comments: