Tuesday, November 05, 2013

He who listens most learns most

Listening is one of the most difficult and challenging skill to master.  For the person who listens will learns about many things.  I am good at listening at work in meetings or with customers.  At home, I need to listen more than dispensing advice to my boys or scolding them.  I am still a novice when it come to being a father and daddy to my boys.  The problem is I read and learn from many leadership and management books, attending seminars and short training courses on business, selling and marketing.  I have only maybe 5 books on bringing kids.  Even then, I only skim through them and did not read them in details.  My behaviour changes at work where I am a skilled trained professional to a novice raising boys to be fine gentlemen.  I wished I spend more time learning to be a father instead of letting nature takes its course through field experience.  I have "Out-of-Sync Child", "Dare to Discipline by James Dobson" and a couple other books.  I do not remember what I am supposed to do, whereas when it come to management, I read hundreds of books.

I need to listen more to my boys.  I will work on this.

No comments: