Saturday, November 16, 2013

Meeting a Friend from Malaysia

My friend called this morning that he is here in Singapore and like to meet up.  So I had tea with him in Mr. Prata on Evans Road.  The prata is so-so.  Teh halia is not bad.  We talk about business and investments.  He is a successful businessman with many properties in Malaysia and Singapore.  He want to invest in a property in Singapore as his properties here will be mortgage free by next year.  He has plenty of dividend stocks.  He collects more than $3,500 Sin monthly from dividend alone.  So I will say he is pretty comfortable.  His daughter is a doctor working in England.  He visited Canada recently and is very happy to invest there.

He is concerned that the business has slowed down and feel it will be worse next year.  So we spend a lot of time discussing about stock.  My portfolio is not big and therefore I do not have as many stocks as him.  Still we have a good time.  I enjoyed my time with him.

No comments: