Sunday, November 17, 2013

Bo Bo Cha Cha

Bo bo cha cha is a local dessert.  Boiled yam and sweet potatoes in a milky sweet coconut broth.  I bought the roots in Yishun on Thursday.  The yam was rotting.  So we have to cook them.  Steamed the cubed yams and sweet potatoes for 15 mins.  In the pot, boil water with pandan leaves.  Add rock sugar.  When water is boiling turn heat to low and put in the steamed roots.  Add coconut milk.

We get large pack of fresh coconut milk and screwpine aka pandan leaves from Fairprice.  My wife cooks up the bobo chacha and it is really good!  I have to admit I have a sweet tooth.  The yam and sweet potatoes have to be soft yet not mushy.  Coconut milk has to be at the right concentration so that it is rich but now overwhelming.  We used rock sugar instead of refined white sugar for sweetener. 

I had 4 bowls today.  At $1.50 per bowl in Lucky Plaza, it is almost the cost of the ingredient.  So nice and wonderful.  I enjoys it hot and love it cold.  It is a versatile dessert.

No comments: