Saturday, November 02, 2013

Better to light a Candle than to Curse the Darkness

Lobsang Rampa is a Tibetan Monk who wrote about Occult stuff when I was in secondary school.  He has a lot of wise sayings.  I was reading on the pursuit of happiness by Singaporeans who now taught themselves about Positive Psychology through reading and seminars.  One of the interviewees has a blog that put out a wise saying daily.  I do not know how this will make a person happy.  I guess it does.  So this is my wise sayings for today.

Instead of complaining about the situation, do something positive about it.  So lighting a candle to dispel the darkness is the right way to deal with the "darkness".

Internet today has lot of complaining.  But also a lot of interesting details about a lot of things shows up.  Far better than the main stream media which is quite slanted.  I am now reading blogs of people who wrote about social issues and many who try to unearth the truth about Singapore.  It is good to know many Singaporeans are working toward a better country.  I enjoys reading TRE.  It does have alternative views and many different contributors.  Some articles are well researched and opinions are supported by facts and figures.  The site founders and editors do a fabulous job of keeping alternative views available to the public.  So kudos to them!

No comments: