Sunday, October 06, 2013

Wet Dreary Sunday

Luckily, the typhoon passed Taipei but it is just pouring and pouring.  So it is in the room to watch movies and surf the net.  I hope the rain will thin down so that I can walk and pass time around the malls, my favorite activity while travelling.

The food here is good but the variety is not as much as in Singapore or Malaysia.  Our many different ethnic groups make our food so varied.  It is quite enjoyable to go to the night market which is like our hawker centers.  After a while like our hawkers' fishball noodles, braised duck or congee are repeating like a mantra, the fried oyster, stinky tofu, beef steak and fried chicken pieces.  I have not tried the mee sua or the stinky tofu yet.  Stinky tofu smells terrible.  So likely I am not going to try.  I like the braised food and beef noodle. 

The Eslite mega book store is a good place for me to pass time although it is mostly Chinese books and English books are quite limited.  Starbucks does not seems to have as many outlets as other cities.  Tea culture is still very strong here.

No comments: