Friday, October 11, 2013

Setting Up my Note 3

My wife pointed out rightly after I get the Samsung Note 3.  You have to set up everything again.  If it is iPhone 5, just plug into your computer.  No transition issue.  I was worried that it is going to take a lot of work to transfer data across especially since I do not have right to install programs into my computer.  I thought it will be difficult and take up too much time.  Actually, it is a breeze!!

All I have to do is to google my questions and the first two or three search will give me the answers.  For example, how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung.  Or how to transfer my music from iPhone to Samsung.  It is so easy.  Then Viber, WhatsApp and other chat apps are available on both operating system.  The email accounts are easy to set up as well.  I had a little trouble with my office account because my eyesight is not good enough to read the small characters properly.  So a magnifying glass helps.

B3 has fun using the voice recognition software.  He says play "love story" and in a few seconds the music came on.  It is quite amazing.  He is trying out all the cool features.  Whereas for me, I just make sure my music and emails work.  I am glad I can set up accounts easily. 

By the way, the camera is very sharp and it is easy to take pictures.  The good thing about Samsung is if I ran out of memory, I can easily increase by up to 64 gigabytes.  With my Apple, I always have to clean out my audio files to put in new audiobooks.  I may get lucky and be able to video any unusual sights(UFOs?) in the sky.

I have to look for a bike holder as I worry my current phone holder may not be good enough.

2 comments:

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Wow I am so tempted to get one too. Looks like it is very practical. I like the camera part that you talked about.

BookLover said...

BT, thanks!